Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aider Training Courses with MSAFE
According to a study carried out by the Centre for Mental Health, one in four adults suffer from mental health related illness at a cost to UK employers of around £35bn every year. These costs include £21.2bn in reduced productivity, £10.6bn in sickness absence and £3.1bn in staff turnover.
Employers in the UK are now recognising the importance of equipping staff with the skills to identify and assist their colleagues who may be suffering with mental health issues. Progressive organisations are now implementing mental health training and assistance programmes aimed at:
- Reducing the stigma attached to mental health
- Equipping their workforce to identify issues and deal with them at the early stages
- Improving wellbeing in the workplace
- Reducing work absences and associated costs
Mental Health First Aid England has developed two-day Mental Health First Aider training which provides individuals with:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
MSAFE Risk Management are able to support your organisation through delivering Mental Health First Aider training to your employees and assisting with the development of wider company policy and strategies.