Policy & Arrangements
Health and Safety policies and arrangements
Can you give me a health and safety policy?
At MSafe, we are regularly asked whether we can give an organisation a health & safety policy? The answer in short is yes.. but if you don't have a health and safety policy it is likely that your wider management arrangements are also falling short and MSAFE can help.
We'll come and visit you to discuss your organisation, it's structure and operations. As part of this initial meeting we will undertake an initial GAP analysis to determine the level of service we recommend, to get you on the road to compliance and/or improving your health and safety management procedures.
Once we have developed a proposal, you'll have a number of options for services depending on your requirements. These include:
- Development of a bespoke health and safety policy together with standards you expect to follow and clear management arrangements.
- Setting up management review meetings where we develop an action plan and monitor your progress.
- Assisting with the development of risk assessments and safe systems of work. This may also include specific risk assessments for machinery and hazardous substances.
- Training that we recommend be undertaken.
- Options for undertaking health and safety monitoring of your organisation and specific sites or operations.
The procedure is designed to assist you in developing a robust health and safety management system be it following HSG65 or a third party accreditation such as OSHAS18001 our approach will enable you to:
- Plan – Review current levels of compliance and decide what action is required.
- Deliver – Set the plan into action and deliver the items required (policies, risk assessments, training & competent people). MSAFE can also work with your organisation to assist leaders of the organisation in implementing and demonstrating their commitment to the management of health and safety and in particular engaging workforce involvement.
- Monitor – Check the deliverables are in place, check a robust monitoring regime is in place and failures together with successes are communicated to the leaders in the organisation.
- Review – Reviews should be planned and undertaken at regular intervals or where there are incidents or major changes in an organisation to examine if the items above have been implemented successfully.
We encourage all clients to work toward these principles and develop health and safety management systems that will enable the Directors to be confident that health and safety management is effective across the organisation and their employees are safe.
Whether you have an existing health and safety management system that needs improvement, you require assistance with or you would like to start the process MSAFE H&S Consultants can help.
MSAFE undertake work nationwide however we have a strong presence acting as Health & Safety consultants in Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Somerset, West Sussex, Devon, Cornwall and London.
To arrange a competitive fee proposal please contact MSAFE on 0333 8000 700 or fill in your details using the form and we'll call you back.