Fire Risk Assessment
Fire risk assessments
Keep your premises safe and risk free
At MSAFE we can complete a Fire Risk Assessment of your business and offer advice on regulations, duties and responsibilities.
In England and Wales, if you’re an employer, owner, landlord or occupier of business or other non-domestic premises, you’re responsible for fire safety and are known as the ‘responsible person’.
As the ‘responsible person’ you must:
- Carry out and regularly review a fire risk assessment of the premises
- Tell staff or their representatives about the risks you’ve identified
- Put in place, and maintain, appropriate fire safety measures
- Plan for an emergency
- Provide staff information, fire safety instruction and training
The above will identify what you need to do to prevent fire and keep people safe.You must keep a written record of your fire risk assessment if your business has 5 or more people.
You’ll need to consider:
- Emergency routes and exits
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Fire fighting equipment
- The removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- An emergency fire evacuation plan
- The needs of vulnerable people, eg the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- Providing information to employees and other people on the premises staff fire safety training
You’ll need to appoint a ‘competent person’ to help, e.g. a professional risk assessor, if you don’t have the expertise or time to do the fire risk assessment yourself. MSAFE Risk Management Ltd can assist you with your duties and provide Fire Risk Assessments that are designed to meet the specific requirements of your premises and will meet all the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Our assessors will carry out the assessment using our bespoke software application, and many years of fire safety experience to ensure that your premises are fully assessed for fire risks to life, property and business continuity. The software allows us to take and mark up photographs to assist in recording any observations and clearly stating the recommended action.
Our Fire Risk Assessment will follow the 5 step risk assessment process as recommended by the HSE and the published Government guidance documentation for the Fire Safety Order 2005 as follows:
- Identification of the fire hazards,
- Identifying the persons at risk from fire,
- Evaluation of the fire risks (eliminate, reduce or control),
- Recording of the significant findings, and to
- Monitor and review fire safety processes.
Following the Fire Risk Assessment we then provide a detailed consultation to discuss any significant findings and required actions to implement a satisfactory standard of fire safety within your premises.
Does your organisation have trained fire wardens? We've also got a RoSPA approved online training course perfect for any person appointed to the role of fire warden in their workplace.
MSAFE can undertake fire risk assessments across the UK, however our main client base for Fire Risk Assessments is in Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Gloucestershire, Devon, Cornwall, Oxfordshire and London.
To arrange a competitive fee proposal please contact MSAFE on 0333 8000 700 or fill in your details using the form and we'll call you back.